Stainless steel jewelry rings are becoming increasingly popular. There are many who don’t like the idea of an inexpensive metal, technically an alloy, to replace the traditional custom of wearing rings made of precious metal or sporting gemstones. But there are many who love the idea of an inexpensive ring that can mean something and yet stand the test of time. Not everyone can shell out some big bucks to buy jewelry.
Stainless steel is made from chromium, nickel and titanium. It is a strange alloy which is inexpensive but very durable, highly utilitarian and yet it looks nice. Unlike some alloys that look bland or cheap, stainless steel doesn’t look cheap despite being affordable. Stainless steel rings are gaining popularity across the world. They are being used as normal gifts, as special gifts and many couples keep their expensive rings safe and wear stainless steel rings instead for daily use.
What are the pros of stainless steel rings?
- Stainless steel is durable - You can wear it every day and keep doing all your normal and heavy duty tasks without worrying about damaging the ring. A stainless steel ring will take all the onus and wear & tear of daily use.
- Stainless steel rings are affordable - If you cannot afford an expensive gold or diamond ring or one sporting an emerald or ruby, you can always opt for a fancy stainless steel ring which will be affordable and durable. Stainless steel is potentially the best choice because it gives you the most generous returns on investment.
- Ages well - Stainless steel would be resistive to scratches, corrosion, heat and general signs of aging. The material will not show usual signs of wear and tear and you don’t need much maintenance to attain that either. You can just clean the ring once a day or a few times in a week. The material doesn’t get damaged being overexposed to water.
- Choose your own design and shape - Stainless steel rings come in myriad shapes, sizes and designs and you can wear them at parties, for work and at home. Expensive rings don’t always look nice or apt everywhere.
What are the cons of stainless steel rings?
- Susceptible to dents - Stainless steel rings have the tendency to develop dents. If you are very careless with the ring or you use any heavy or sharp object all the time then the ring being exposed to the sharpness or the thrust of that object can cause dents. Stainless steel develops scratches if worn very casually and not taken good care of.
- Rigid material - Stainless steel is a rigid material. Hence, you cannot get the kind of complicated or uniquely intrinsic deigns that you get with silver or gold. Stainless steel would mostly be the typical round rings with very little uniqueness in design. Most designs will be of the same kind.
- Can’t be allergic to nickel - Stainless steel has nickel and many people are allergic to the metal. Should you have any history of nickel allergy or you have very sensitive skin then you should consult a dermatologist before buying stainless steel
It eventually boils down to personal preference but considering the fact that stainless steel rings look like silver and are much more affordable and yet superior to silver in many ways, it may not be a bad choice.
For the experts in stainless steel manufacturing you need to contact Steelmor Industries. Should you require steel fittings for plumbing or for steel for construction, Steelmor Industries will have just what you need. To find out more about the products and services on offer through Steelmor Industries, visit their website www.steelmorindustries.co.za